What is CBD?
Cannabidiol—CBD—is a cannabis compound that has significant medical benefits, but does not make people feel “stoned” and can actually counteract the psychoactivity of THC. The fact that CBD-rich cannabis is non-psychoactive or less psychoactive than THC-dominant strains makes it an appealing option for patients looking for relief from pain, seizures, spasms, ADHD, diabetesand other conditions without disconcerting feelings of lethargy or dysphoria.
Many forms of CBD
While CBD is itself non-psychoactive and we offer a wide selection of products featuring a variety of CBD products. Medical Mary is enthusiastic about ground-breaking CBD medicine produced right here at home, products that have the potential to change how we treat certain ailments and which are at the forefront of a movement destined to reduce a medical patient’s dependence on costly pharmaceutical drugs.
How does CBD works?
Did you know we actually produce cannabinoids inside of our bodies and have an actual system of them working together? What are cannabinoids you say? In easy terms, think of cannabinoids as little soldiers in your body fighting to keep everything balanced in there.
Everything on earth with a vertebrate has what is called an ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM or ECS that produces these little soldiers. This system is a relatively new discovery in the human and animal body that many are still completely unaware of. Like the nervous system and immune system, the ECS has specific duties. It is in charge of regulating homeostasis or maintaining balance in the body by producing your very own army of cannabinoid soldiers. It regulates things like mood, memory, motor control, pain perception, appetite, and sleep, just to name a few.
Unfortunately, like everything else in the body, the ECS wears out as we age and has trouble maintaining balance. Injury and disease also influence the ECS throwing our bodies even further out of balance. As we age, we run low on cannabinoids and can even become cannabinoid deficient. So how do we replenish our little cannabinoid soldiers? Well the last time you received cannabinoids was from your mother’s milk at infancy! Most of us don’t have mother’s milk available on the drink menu, so where else can we get them?
Yes, from the cannabis/hemp plant where cannabinoid soldiers are grown from the soil!
CBD is the most prevalent of over 100 different phyto-cannabinoids found in the cannabis/hemp plant; (phyto meaning plant) These plant-based cannabinoids naturally stimulate your ECS by giving it reinforcements! Once you use CBD and your army of cannabinoids is fresh, the body re-balances. Do you have chronic anxiety? Your body is out of balance. CBD as a plant soldier stimulates your bodies’ natural defenses to rebalance and help soothe the ailment.
No pills, no dangerous chemicals, just a natural reinforcement that the earth gave us.
CBD Dosing - How much should you take?
- Decide how you want to take cannabis. Cannabis oil is available in sprays, capsules, edibles and other products.
- Find your ratio. Cannabis products have varying amounts of CBD and THC. A high CBD or high THCproduct is not necessarily superior to a strain with a balanced ratio. Find the proper combination to optimize your therapeutic use of cannabis.
- Begin with a low dose especially if you have little or no experience with cannabis.
- Take a few small doses over the course of the day rather than one big dose .
- Use the same dose and ratio for several days. Observe the effects and if necessary adjust the ratio or amount.
- Don’t overdo it. “Less is more” is often the case with cannabis therapeutics.
- Be aware of possible side effects. Cannabis is a safe and forgiving medicine. Depending upon delivery method and individual tolerance, it can amplify anxiety and mood disorders. Other possible side effects are dry mouth, dizziness and faintness.
- Consult your health counselor. Proceed cautiously, especially if you have a history of alcohol or drug abuse, mental illness, or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Can CBD cure disease, deficiency or any conditions?
You’ve probably heard of CBD oil and how people are using it for pain relief for illnesses they are suffering from currently. More and more people are turning to CBD not as just a pain reliever but as a possible cure.
When we think about common illnesses we often think of the common cold or flu, seasonal allergies even. They are the kinds of illnesses we just accept as part of life because we more often than not survive them year after year. There is, however, another class of common illnesses that are much more aggressive and have proven difficult for science to find a cure for. Let’s have a look at some common aggressive illnesses that CBD is proving to be more than just a pain reliever for, but is proving to have cracked the code on how to cure them.
Choosing a CBD rich product
Look for products with clear labels showing the quantity and ratio of CBD per dose, a manufacturing date, and a batch number (for quality control). Select products with quality ingredients: No corn syrup, trans fats, GMOs, artificial additives, thinning agents or preservatives. CBD-rich products should be lab tested for consistency and verified as being free of mold, bacteria, pesticides, solvent residues, and other contaminants. Best to avoid products extracted with toxic solvents like BHO, propane, hexane or other hydrocarbons. Opt for products that utilize safer extraction methods such as supercritical CO2 or food-grade ethanol.